If you liked the post, Share on Facebook, Tweet and Google Plus (use buttons above). You can also Subscribe to our feed via Email for free.
DDR 3 RAM Components, Modules and Advantages compared to DDR2
DDR3 SDRAM is a modern kind of dynamic random access memory (DRAM) with a high bandwidth interface. It stands for double data rate type three synchronous dynamic random access memory. Let us check out it components, modules and advantages compared to DDR Ram.
I wont explain this in details because writing about hardware is always a boring task for me.
DDR3 SDRAM Components:
- First Introduction of asynchronous RESET pin.
- Support of system level flight time compensation.
- On-DIMM mirror friendly DRAM pin out.
- Introduction of CWL (CAS Write Latency) per clock bin.
- On-die I/O calibration engine.
- READ and WRITE calibration.
- Fly-by command/address/control bus with on-DIMM termination.
- High precision calibration resistors.
- Are not backwards compatible-wrongly inserting a DDR3 module into a DDR2 socket can damage the DIMM and/or the motherboard.
Advantages of DDR3 RAM compared to DDR2 RAM
- Higher bandwidth performance, effectively up to 1600 MHz
- Improved latencies as measured in nanoseconds.
- Higher performance at low power (longer battery life in laptops).
- Enhanced low power features.