If you liked the post, Share on Facebook, Tweet and Google Plus (use buttons above). You can also Subscribe to our feed via Email for free.
Command Prompt on Right-Click
Now this is an amazing trick. You can open a command prompt by right clicking on any folder in windows. This can make your work a lot easier especially if you are a programmer or a computer geek like me who use command prompt very often.
Additionally when you open command prompt using this trick, the system path is not the default path (which is normally the system path or the user profile's path), its a path to the folder that you have selected. This will save your time because you don't have to type the "cd"(change directory) command several times to reach the directory in which you want to work.
Note: This trick needs to edit the registry, so please take backup of the registry before following this steps to remain on a safe side.
- Goto Start > Run.
- Type "regedit" and press Enter.
- Expand to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shell".
- Right-click on "shell" and select New > Key.
- Make sure a new key is created under "shell". Change the name of this key to "Command Prompt".
- Right-click on this new key "Command Prompt" and select New > Key.
- Change the name of this key to "command".
- Double-click on the "(Default)" text on the right window to bring up the edit box Enter this text into the Value Data field: cmd.exe "%1"
- Click OK and close the registry.
Done! Now you will get a option to open command prompt whenever you right click on a folder.