How Blogging helps me to Perform Well in Exams

on 17 November 2011

I started blogging around 4-5 years back. I was just a kid at that time. I used to copy content from some other sites when I started blogging. I remember that I stopped blogging for a year because I never got success.

One day while surfing, I got familiar with the word SEO(Search Engine Optimization) and that was the turning point of my blogging career. I started reading various articles on SEO on different websites and blogs. One thing that most of the articles emphasized was about writing quality and original content. I decided to stop copying from other sites and started writing my own articles.

Writing original articles really helped in increasing my blog's visitors. But the benefit was not just limited to the increase in my blog's visitors. I also gradually started scoring well in my exams. I used to be an average student but blogging helped me in performing well in examinations. Let us see how blogging helps me in scoring well in examinations.

Note:This is just my personal experience. I perform well that doesn't mean that you will also do well in exams if you start blogging. If you are failing in exams, you really need to work hard and study instead of creating a blog.

  1. Vocabulary Increased: Blogging has improved my vocabulary. My knowledge of words and word meanings have increased as I write original content. I search for definitions of many words on Google and also search for synonyms of various words and that has led to my increased vocabulary power. Remember, first impression is the last impression. Most of the exam paper checkers makes assumptions about your knowledge or intelligence reading your first few answers and if they found your vocabulary good then it will definitely create a good impression of yours. Vocabulary really improves exam marks and test score.
  2. Improved Grammar: When I started blogging my English grammar was crappy. Blogging has progressively improved my grammar. Improved grammar has led to better skill of answering and you must be knowing that how grammar plays an important role in exams unless it is a subject like mathematics which doesn't have to do anything with language.
  3. I Started Reading: Reading was always a boring thing for me sometime back. But I started reading various articles on the internet to know how to make my blog effective, how to increase my blog's traffic, how to increase blog speed etc. and then I started reading various stuff online about blogging, computers and technology. Reading is no more a boring thing for me and I also love to read various books now(including my study books).
  4. “Every man who knows how to read has it in his power to magnify himself, to multiply the ways in which he exists, to make his life full, significant and interesting” - Aldous Huxley
    “No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.” - Confucius
  5. I Write on Topics which are related to my Subject's Syllabus: I am pursuing my graduation in BCA(Bachelor of Computer Applications). I am passionate about computers and frankly speaking I don't study computers, I enjoy computers! Yes, studying computers is not a boring thing for me, it is indeed a enjoyable thing. Passion brings curiosity and to fulfill this curiosity I try to do all the things possible.

    I research on the topics given in my text books and then I write about it on my blog. This helps me to remember the answer. The articles like Information Technology, Buffer Overflow and Underflow, Computer Characteristics etc. are in fact the topics which are given in my study books.

In addition to money, I also gain knowledge from blogging. Thus, choosing the field which I love and blogging has enormously improved my performance in exams and myself as a person.

1 comments:

Akash Padhiyar said...

nice .

Post a Comment